So I sat down this morning to try and write out a menu and a shopping list for the next two weeks. Don't you just hate that part of motherhood? It is such a pain. I feel like we always eat the same things. So if anyone has any great recipes that their families just love, please, please pass them my way. Or there is always the option of inviting us over for dinner or bringing dinner in. It is up to you. I look forward to some great recipes. Please help me out. The first 5 people to leave a recipe that my family enjoys, will get a surprise from us.
4 comments:
I have tons of recipes. I'll send more when I have time. This is off the top of my head
Chicken Salad croissants
3 cans of chicken or cooked chicken (about 30 oz) * I used the canned and it is fine
can of crushed pinapple WITH juices
stalk of celery, chopped
1/2 c slivered toasted almonds
1 cup grapes, halved
salt to taste
mayo to spreading consistency (1/3-1/2 c)
squirt of lemon juice if you have it
Mix together and put on croissant. Costco has the best prices on croissants. Left over croissants freeze OK
If I forget to send more just email me
This is an easy yummy one, cute blog!
Sweet n’ Sour Chicken on Rice
Sauce:
1/3 c. vinegar (white)
½ c. sugar
4 T. ketchup
¼ t. salt
¼ c. chicken broth (1 cube + 8 oz.)
1 T. soy sauce
Set aside while preparing the chicken.
Chicken:
Slice in strips.
Whip 2 eggs in bowl and pour ½ cup cornstarch in another bowl.
Dip chicken pieces in egg then in cornstarch. Place chicken in pan of oil and fry till browned a little (not long).
Set in 9x13” pan, cover with sauce then bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve on top of steamed rice.
Here are 2 good ones (I actually need to make these again):
****Chicken Bundles
-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts -fully cooked (I boil mine)
-1 8oz container onion and chive cream cheese
-1 stick butter- cut in half
-2 cans croissants
-Pepperidge Farms stuffing mix (looks like crushed up croutons)
-Chicken Gravy (I like the bottles of Heinz)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut chicken into small cubes. Melt 1/4 cup butter and mix with cream cheese. Stir chicken into cream cheese mixture. Place a spoonful of chicken mixture into each croissant, roll up and pinch the edges to close. Pour some of stuffing mix onto a plate and crush into smaller pieces with bottom of a glass. Melt other 1/4 cup butter and roll each croissant in butter, then in stuffing. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until croissants are golden brown. (Note- chicken bundles can also be frozen. Put them in freezer before baking. They can be baked at a later date for 30 minutes)
******Taco Soup (I am guessing on this one, so I hope it is right!) I usually double this- but I only use one pound of hamburger)
-1 lb. hamburger, browned and drained (I season mine with garlic salt and and brown with half an onion)
-1 14 ounce can tomato sauce
-1 can water (use tomato sauce can)
-1 can kidney beans
-1 small can corn, drained
-1 small can sliced olives, drained
-1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
-salt and pepper to taste
Put in crock pot on low all day, or just cook on stove top until hot. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and Fritos.
Hope you enjoy trying these!!!
The best recipe: come over to moms (Grandma's for dinner. Then there is no preperation, no clean-up (well maybe a little at Grandmas') Love mom
Post a Comment