The worst thing about busy weeks is when do you mow the lawn? I like to mow it before the garbage truck comes on Friday morning. This week we had a ward block party on Monday night, a wedding reception on Tuesday, South Ogden days parade and book club on Wednesday, Pack meeting on Thursday, Kevin's company party on Friday and a get together with friends on Saturday. Anyway, Friday and Saturday are out for mowing anyway, because the garbage truck would have already come. So as I headed out to mow the lawn this afternoon, I had a brilliant idea. It was hot and I really did not want to do it. Andrew is always asking to earn money, so I told him I would pay him $5 to do it. He was excited and got right to work. He maintained that attitude for most of the yard, and when he was almost done, he wanted me to finish until I told him I would not pay the full amount for an incomplete job. I still had to empty the bag, walk behind him, and start it after I emptied the bag. I still got hot and sweaty and had to shower, but for this week it was well worth my $5. He did a really great job considering he has only done it in little sections and only once or twice before. He missed a few little places and did not get under the swing set, but those few spots will have to be left for next week. Way to go Andrew!!! I guess having my little boy get bigger does have a few perks.
No comments:
Post a Comment