
This past weekend, we went up to Lava. We went swimming. Andrew is still afraid of swimming. I took him to where he could not touch, and he had a death grip on me and would not let go for anything. I wanted him to swim to the wall that was about 3 feet away.

Jared is my no fear child. He loves to swim. He must be mine. I grew up in the water. He loves the big water slides as well, but we did not get any pictures of him going down them.

Trying to get Dad's attention. We could tell he was scanning the water looking for us.

Swimming with Grandma. I think it is funny that she plugs her ears instead of her nose. Kiana also loves the water. It did take some time before she let Grandma do this....


Jared on one of the smaller slides on the side of the pool.

Kiana went down this slide about a hundred times I think.

And she always needed someone at the bottom to catch her.

Jared, Holly, Mateo, Karina, Andrew

They must be pretending that they are turtles.
Then we went to a cabin that is owned by a friend of my mom.


May
She is the mother of my mom's friend. She was so sweet and fun. She is also 90. When my mom told me this I did not believe her. She cried when we left.

Kiana taking her stuff to the tent to sleep with Grandma

That is some AWESOME bedhead

"Leave me alone I am still sleeping"

We saw quite a few deer. This little guy left his mother and walked right past us.

Just chillin"

Kevin was going to take the kids for a ride, but ran out of gas. They were all disappointed.

I love this man.
Thanks to my mom and Tanya for inviting us up. We had a great time. Next time we will have to go down the river and to the hot pods. I also need to teach my kids how to hike and entertain themselves in the mountains. They got a little bored just being at the cabin.
1 comment:
cute pictures of Lava...looks like everyone had fun for the most part. Did the kids see the deer? did they enjoy that? It's sad but true kids don't really know how to entertain themselves when camping let alone any other time. We always just enjoyed getting to be in the mountains reading, walking, coloring, just sitting around a campfire and singing. They don't know what they are missing out on.
Love, Aunt Debby
Post a Comment