Thursday, May 5, 2011

DAD

My dad has been gone for 5 years today. Sometimes it seems so long ago and other times it seems such a short time has gone by. I really miss him. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend every Wednesday with him, while my mom was a work. We had some really great talks. I am so thankful that he was who he was, that he always honored his priesthood and for the love that he showed to his family. Why is it that the good ones go first? I told my mom the other day, that we must have strong kids, because otherwise, why should they have to grow up without a grandpa?
I think we will celebrate his life today and remember him by eating some Peanut M&M's. One of his favorite treats.
I love you Dad and wish you could visit. We will always remember you.


No comments: