This past weekend, my mom was given the opportunity by her neighbors to pick some of their blackberries. She called us and also gave us the same opportunity. So we headed to pick some blackberries on Friday night. The kids also had fun helping to pick the blackberries and also eating a few. Well as you know, the sun sets fast once it begins its decent. So we packed up and decided to come back in the morning. We slept at my mom's so that we would not have to drive back the next day. My mom and 2 aunts and I made jam, syrup and a little bit of jelly. We had blackberry shakes with our lunch as well. It took most of the day, and over 50 lbs of sugar. I am so grateful for my mom and for her help in processing all of the fruit and for letting me use some of her bottles and sugar.We had waffles this morning and used some of the syrup, it was so good. We left the rest at my mom's, and will have to pick it up in a few days.
My mom said she took pictures of Andrew and Kiana helping in the kitchen, but they are not on my camera, so I will have to ask her if she for sure used my camera. Otherwise, I guess we will have to just imagine them helping.





2 comments:
What a fun memory for your kids to have! And what yummy things to come from it!
just let me know what you want, I am just doing the cost.. So not very much
Post a Comment