Saturday, September 27, 2008

Peaches



My mom's neighbor gave her a bunch of peaches the other day. She called and asked if I wanted do put any up for us. Of course I said yes. All other plans were pushed aside to go can peaches and make peach jam. Our Cutie was having a hard time because she was not getting attention from grandma. So grandma let her help bring the peaches in from outside. After they were blanched for a minute, and cooled in the cold water Our Cutie would help with them again. Later she even got to help fill a jar or two with the sliced peaches. She was having so much fun that when it was time for dinner, she folded her arms for the blessing with a handful of peaches. The boys also got in on some of the action. They each filled a jar as well. A spent most of the night just doing homework. I wish I knew how to get him to work faster. I don't know yet the final number on jars of peaches, but I do know that we made four batches of the jam. I love peaches and homemade peach jam. I wanted to make pie filling, but my mom had already put some up. I will have to steal some of hers. Thanks mom for helping me do all this. We love you.


2 comments:

Sarah Empey said...

Yum-a-roo! I LOVE home-canned peaches. What a sweetie your mom is to help out. I think it's great your kiddies are learning to "preserve" at such a young age. It's becoming a lost art. I can't believe Kiana is so blond- she's beautiful!

Love you guys, Sarah

Debra Domenici said...

Glad you were able to do this and I'm sure your kids enjoyed doing this with your mom. I never learned how to can, so pass it on to your kids. Kiana is adorable!