Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Root Beer

Late last night, as Kevin and I were headed to bed, Kevin decided to get a drink. He went to the kitchen and moved Kiana's highchair out of the way. In the process he knocked over a unopened can of root beer. It did not stay unopened for long. Root beer was spraying everywhere. What a fun mess to have to clean up. Sorry I do not have a picture. I was laughing so hard at Kevin. He, however, did not find it very funny. I told him he would if the roles were reversed. But guess who gets to clean the remainder of the mess today? Me. That part is not funny. There are drops of root beer everywhere, and the floor is still super sticky. Wish me luck.

KEVIN's REBUTTAL
It would have been funny except for 2 things. First was the steady stream of brown sugar foam errupting in our kitchen. It sprayed 10 feet in every direction! And it didn't stop. I had to throw my body on the can to block the geyser. (Ok, I used my finger--but I got hosed in the process.) Secondly, Holly began laughing even more hysterically when I got out the kitchen towels and started mopping up the mess and pointing out everywhere it had hit. She continued her abdominal exercise as I rinsed out the towels and proceeded to finishing mopping with my feet on the wet towels. Finally, if it hadn't been 11:30 at night, I would have wiped down the fridge, pantry door, cabinets, well just about everything else you find in a kitchen--right after Holly quit laughing so she could find another "funny".

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I can imagine that might have been quite funny!! But harsh that you have to clean up the sticky mess! Good luck.

Unknown said...

ugh, yeah, not funny to clean it up, but definately funny to laugh at while it's happening