Monday, April 4, 2011

A Fun Couple of Months

On January 29th, Kevin was changing out filters in the vents that are on the ceiling. I happened to walk into the room at just the right moment for the vent cover to fall and hit me in the face. I did not realize how bad it was for quite a while. We started at the insta-care, but were then referred to the ER.

Before the stitches, but after it had been cleaned.


7 stitches later


Then on February 26, Andrew started complaining of a stomach ache. He threw up a few times that night. In the morning, he was still puking, only it was just stomach acid and he also said he felt like he needed to urinate, but could not. We called the Dr. They said it was either a urinary track infection or appendicitis. Kevin took him to the ER while I stayed home with Jared and Kiana. Kevin called about an hour later and said they were prepping him for surgery. I called my mom to come and get the kids and I. She dropped me off at the hospital, and took the kids to my aunt Debby. She then came back to the hospital to see Andrew. Thank you mom and Debby for your help.

Recovering after his appendectomy

He had a few visitors. Grandmas, Aunt Kristin and our new bishop and his wife.

Such a trooper. He did not want to have surgery, but he did great. He got to spend one night in the hospital. We watched MegaMind.

Already feeling better. He had pizza for his first meal.

Hopefully, this will be the end of major health problems for quite a while. Thank you to everyone who helped us out in anyway.

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

Oh my goodness.. I can't believe that.. I am so glad he is okay and your poor lip.. Hope it is healing nicely.